Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Put Those CVS ExtraBucks to Use! See How I MADE Money from This Shopping Trip!

I can't believe some people actually throw away their ExtraBucks!  They don't even look at their receipt!  Sometimes I just want to say right to their face, "HELLO, YOU ARE THROWING AWAY MONEY!"  You know what though?  That was me before.  Not caring what I spent my money on.  I'm so glad couponing has opened my eyes to another level of shopping for groceries.

Anyway, my CVS ExtraBucks were about to expire so I had to make a quick trip.  I'm usually good at tracking when my coupons are about to expire but I've been so busy with the blog that it completely threw me off!  This sale is from 6/3 - 6/9.  I had $7.99 worth of ExtraBucks to begin with for this shopping trip, so I ended up paying $5.68 out of pocket but MADE $10 BACK!  So I actually made $4.32 from this shopping trip!  Oh, how I love couponing!  I caught some of these great deals so I'm glad I got to use those ExtraBucks before they expired.  I scanned my receipt to set an example(click to zoom in).

Here is a step by step guide of what I did:

I bought:
  • Crest Pro-health Mouth Wash 1 liter $5.99 (Buy 1, receive $5.00 ExtraBucks) limit 2
  • Lady Speed Stick $2.99 (Buy 1, receive $2.00 ExtraBucks) limit 1
  • 2 Starbucks Refreshers 12 oz. $1.50 (Buy 2, receive $1.00 ExtraBucks) limit 1
  • 3 Hershey's Air Delight Chocolate Bars 1.44 oz $1.19 (Buy 2, get 1 Free) limit 9
  • 3 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Almond Bars 1.45 oz $1.19 (Buy 2, get 1 Free) limit 9
  • Oral-B Pro-Health All-In-One with Crossaction Bristles $2.77 (Buy 1, receive $2.00 ExtraBucks) limit 2
  • 2 CoverGirl LashBlast Waterproof Volume Mascara $8.99 (Buy 1 Get 1 50% off)


Coupons Used:
  • 1 - $0.20 off 1 Crest Rinse from P&G Sunday coupon book 6/3 Final Price: $0.79*
  • 1 - $1.00 off 1 Any Lady Speed Stick from a coupon booklet I got from buying Colgate Toothpaste last week Final Price: Free*
  • 2 - $1.00 off 1 Starbucks Refreshers Beverage 12 oz. can from starbucks.com (coupon is no longer available sorry!) Final Price: Free*
  • 3 - Free Hershey's Air Delight Aerated Milk Chocolate Bar, when you buy 1 Hershey's Milk Chocolate bar from Sunday Paper 5/20 SmartSource Final Price: $0.25 each after buying 6*
  • 1 - $0.20 off 1 Oral B Pro-Health Toothbrush from P&G Sunday coupon book 6/3 Final Price: $0.57*
  • 1 - B1G1 Free CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara from P&G Sunday coupon book 6/3 and,
  • 1 - $4.00 off any $12.00 cosmetic purchase from CVS Coupon Machine (Scan your CVS ExtraCare Card at the bright red machine usually near the entrance, the coupons are hit or miss though, it's pretty random) Final Price: $1.04 each after buying 2*
I saved $41.13 today. 

* - Price after coupons and ExtraBucks
I almost jumped up and down for joy when I also received my free $5.00 ExtraBucks from the CVS coupon machine.  You can get it every $50 you spend on beauty products.  You don't think I REALLY spent $50 do you?  That will be another how-to I'll be covering soon.

Ok, so let's try a different scenario instead of my scenario where I used coupons and my $7.99 ExtraBucks that I got from before.  If you do the scenario where you just buy the items that gets you ExtraBucks, it's still a decent deal.  You'd have to pay $14.75 +tax out of pocket at first but you'd get $10 back in ExtraBucks.  So it'll be like paying $4.75.  Not too shabby huh?


-Nerdy Mom






1 comment:

  1. Ah, I'm so sorry it's taken me a while to write back on your blog! Thank you so much for stopping by on mine. I LOVE the name of your blog! Super cute!!

    tracie
    weddedblissplusbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...